Yeah yeah YEAH, let’s get into it with uber-successful, local-boy-makes-good Mark Zibert.
I’ve worked with Mark several times and he always puts in about 150% (and he’s a big supporter of HMAb) so I have no problem accepting his 10+ list, about 3 months late. But first, here’s some out-of-the-park new work from Mark:
In case you were curious about where such a successful commercial photographer gets his inspiration, here’s Mark’s top ten list:
A few months ago Leila Courey (AB at Leo Burnett, Toronto) sent this over to me. I don’t know if it’s in camera or a composite but either way it’s ridiculous. Wish I shot this…..
And here (super freaky says Heather).
4. Lord of the Rings Extended Edition DVD extras.
15 hours of behind the scenes footage….very informative. I watched the entire thing in 3 or 4 days. I also watched the entire trilogy in a day. But I’ll admit I napped between the 2nd and 3rd movie.
5. Marco Brambilla “Civilization” – with post work by Crush Inc. in Toronto.
6. Halo – story, game, art direction, advertising. Obviously one of the best games ever made. But the entire brand/branding is amazing.
7. Toronto Artist/Sculpter/Prop Builder Peter Sutherland.
I commissioned this sculpture from him a few years ago.
It’s called: “The Quick and the Dead”. Part of a greater series he’s working
on. Peter also does some of the best prop building around.
8. Fully Flared intro sequence. Skateboarding, slow motion, explosions….
9. Albert Watson’s Cyclops book. Classic.